Music theory is the study of how music works. It examines the notation and language of music. Some elements of music are rhythm, melody, structure, harmony, and texture. Music theory can help musicians learn new techniques, perform unfamiliar styles of music, and develop the confidence to try new things. Every musician can benefit from learning the fundamentals of theory to further their understanding of the music they play.
Music Theory is the language of music, an essential part of musical training. Tom Lee Music Academy offered private , semi-private, as well as group classes for all levels of music.
- Rudiments (Basic, Intermediate, Advanced)
- Harmony (I, II, III)
- History (I - Musical Overview, II - Early Music, III - Modern Music)
- Private - need to book appointment with individual teacher
- Semi-private - need to book appointment with individual teacher
- Group Lesson - check for posted schedule on web or in school
Some classes will be by term, and some classes will be a full year. Please check with the administrator as what format you want to choose.
- Private: $54/hour
- Semi-private: $30/hour
- Group - $20/hour for Rudiments Class
- $22/ hour for Theory Classes other than Rudiments
- Extra Fees - Books and Material; Registration Fees; Exam Registration Fees
Please call our Richmond location at (604) 273-6661 or contact us online to register