System Administrator - Downtown Vancouver (VAN-SYA)
Immediate full time System Administrator opportunity to work in our Downtown Vancouver head office.
- Maintain a WAN / LAN connectivity.
- Set up new work stations and user accounts in Active Directory.
- Ensure backup data integrity and be able to perform a systems restore.
- Respond to emails, phone calls, and personal requests for technical support.
- Maintain all hardware and perform upgrades and repairs.
- Provide ERP support.
- Orientate and train staff (as required).
- Writes and maintains training documentation including user and technical manuals.
- Provides recommendations for improving procedures and coordinating system implementation.
- Management of consumable inventories ( toner cartridges, supplies etc.)
Apply for this position online (include reference VAN-SYA)
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science or equivalent education and experience.
- A minimum two to three years’ experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Fluent in English.
- Must have a valid BC Driver’s license and be able to travel between branches within the Lower mainland.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong technical writing skills and experience with preparing documentation.
- Windows 8/7/XP and Office 2010/2013 support.
- MS Windows Server, Exchange Server, Linux server, and IT security best practices.
- Basic firewall configuration.
- Strong computer aptitude and understanding of networking systems.
- Able to work occasional evenings and weekends as required.
- Familiarity with Crystal Reports and managing VMware infrastructure would be a plus.
- POS retail experience would be a plus.
- Be able to work in a team environment
Job Type: Full Time
Gender: Doesn't Matter
Position(s) Available: 1
Require Travel: Not Required